The Embassy of Ethiopia issues a laissez-passer for Ethiopian nationals who have emergency need to travel to Ethiopia urgently.
Please note that this document can only be used once to go back to Ethiopia. This is a temporary document.
Requirements for LAISSEZ PASSER :
- Two recent, ears visible, color and passport size photograph with white background and the name of the applicant at the back of the photograph,
- One filled out an application form with address, phone number, and signature (Click here to download)
- One copy of the expired passport of personal information page, you don’t need to submit fingerprint,
- One copy of a document that shows your current status in the US, i.e. Green card, I-94 or work permit
- Processing fee $50.00 in money order payable to Ethiopian Embassy,
Applications can be made in person at the Embassy or through the mail with a self-addressed return envelope which has a tracking number (FedEx, or USPS Priority and USPS EXPRESS MAIL) with it.
The Embassy mailing address is the following:
Ethiopian Embassy Address
Embassy of Ethiopia
3506 International Dr NW
Washington, DC 20008