The Embassy of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in Washington DC is the main diplomatic mission of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in the United States of America. The mission of the Embassy is to maintain and advance the bilateral relations between Ethiopia and the United States and to serve Ethiopian Citizens in the United States.
The Embassy carries out government-to-government and people-to-people diplomacy and serves as a vital resource for Ethiopians in the United States of America and the Ethiopian-American community. Besides, the Embassy promotes Ethiopia’s cultural values, untapped tourism potentials as well as trade and investment opportunities. The Embassy is also accredited to Mexico and Jamaica.
H.E Ambassador Seleshi Bekele
H.E Ambassador Seleshi Bekele Awulachew is the current Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of FDR Ethiopia to the USA. He is also a member of Parliament. He has extensively worked in ministerial and senior-level positions in national, regional and international institutions. His rich public service experiences are listed below.
- October 2021 to January 2022: Advisor to the Prime Minister of Ethiopia, and Chief Negotiator of Transboundary Water and Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) at a Minister level. He retains the Chief Negotiator on GERD role at a Minister level besides the Ambassadorial functions,
- 2016 – 2021, Minister of Water, Irrigation and Energy,
- 2014-2016, Senior Inter-Regional Advisor at the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA) in New York,
- 2010-2014, African Climate Policy Center (ACPC) of UNECA, as Senior Water and Climate Change Specialist,
- 2004-2010, Regional Representative and Head for International Water Management Institute (IWMI),
- 2001-2004 Dean and Leader of Arbaminch Water Technology Institute (AWTI), which he built it to be a full-fledged university.
NEWS AND MEDIA
Read the latest news and analysis on the activity of the embassy and current affairs in Ethiopia.
The Embassy of Ethiopia in Washington DC provides consular services to all members of the Ethiopian Diaspora and other nationals residing or/and temporarily staying in the United States of America. This section provides a general overview and information on some of the consular services for all customers who would like to travel to Ethiopia and others seeking various consular services.
POWER OF ATTORNEY
Ethiopian Power of Attorney (E-POA) services is the critical link between the Ethiopian diaspora community and mainland Ethiopia. For anyone trying ..
Or Call E-POA : +1 202 800 4410
All foreign nationals who seek to enter Ethiopia require a visa. However, Ethiopian origin ID holders and travellers who arrive in Addis Ababa Bole International….
The Embassy of Ethiopia is currently issuing only a new Electronic passport that requires mandatory finger print…
Authentication & Legalization Service
All documents originating in Ethiopia should be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia.
The Government of Ethiopia depends upon Ethiopian Airlines to set the regulations for the transport of human remains..